This church was built in 1510 over the square known as "Le Pietre" (the Stones) amd over the structures of an older church dedicated to S. Carlo, thus replacing the original parish of S. Maria a Costantinopoli.
In 1698 two lateral chapels were added and it underwent further enlargements until 1878.

How to reach
From Piazza Vittoria, follow Via G. Orlandi up to Piazza Diaz (or delle Boffe) (5 mins.).