In 1900 a couple, Emma and Hugo Andreae, placed at the disposal of the sailors in Marina Piccola the funds needed to build the church they so desired, dedicated to their guardian saint.
The church square, located in a small opening, leads to a small pronaos supported by two columns. The hall is a rectangular shape has some barrel vaults. On the bottom there are three apses leaning on half false columns.
The central apse includes a part of the old watch tower which was used at the times of Saracen raids.
How to get there
From Piazzetta Martiri d'Ungheria by bus or taxi (10 mins.).
On foot, along the Via Mulo shortcut, that is found at the end of Via Roma and descends to the Marina Piccola with a series of steps (20 mins.).