Churches

La Chiesa di S. Anna

S. Ann's Church, the parish church in Capri until 1595 was subsequently united to the current ex Cathedral of S. Stephen, where the registers of the epoch are preserved. Its façade, that is closed...

Chiesa del SS. Salvatore (S. Teresa)

The Church, together with the adjoining Convent of the Teresian nuns, occupies the site of a small preexisting church. It was built between 1661 and 1685 on a project by Dionisio Lazzari of the Fanzago...

Chiesa di San Costanzo

The church as it is today is the sum of three distinct parts each different from the other in terms of typology and chronology. The construction of the primitive basilican church, made up of the central...

Ex Cattedrale S. Stefano

This church was built in 1685 in the place where the eponymous Benedectine monastery dating to 580 A.D. stood. Based on a project by architect Francesco Antonio Picchiatti, the work was re-interpreted...

Chiesa di San Michele

This church was built between 1698 and 1719 at the wish of Mother Serafina together with the adjoining convent of the Teresian nuns. The original nucleus consists of the former church of S. Nicola and...

Chiesa di S. Maria a Cetrella

This small church perched on the slopes of Monte Solaro was a resting area along the path known as "Passetiello", which starts from Via Torina (Due Golfi). As an alternative route to the "Fenicia" steps,...

Chiesa di S. Maria a Costantinopoli

It was around this small chuch with a 13th century chamber layout that the irst district of Anacapri developed. Like the church, it was known as "Li Curti" because of its characteristic houses...

Chiesa di S. Sofia

This church was built in 1510 over the square known as "Le Pietre" (the Stones) amd over the structures of an older church dedicated to S. Carlo, thus replacing the original parish of S. Maria a Costantinopoli. In...

Chiesa di Santa Maria del Soccorso

The church rises above the ruins of Villa Jovis and its shape shows clear elements of typical houses in Capri, characterized by architectural simplicity, it has a large alter dedicated to the Virgin Mary...

Chiesa di Sant'Andrea

In 1900 a couple, Emma and Hugo Andreae, placed at the disposal of the sailors in Marina Piccola the funds needed to build the church they so desired, dedicated to their guardian saint. The church square,...

La chiesa San Michele della Croce

The church of the Cross (St. Michael of the Cross) takes its name, together with the entire region, from the large cross that is found on the impending hill. The architectural elements of this little...

Chiesa di Sant'Antonio di Padova

The small church sits on the final part of the Scala Fenicia and is also referred to as "the sailors' church" because years ago they used to stop during their long days working at sea to watch over the...


Logo Azienda e Logo Regione